Last night was Makayla's first sleepover. Her cousin, Olivia, came and stayed the night with us. They had such a good time together. All day long Makayla kept asking about Olivia wondering when she was going to get there. Finally when Olivia arrived I thought I was going to lose my hearing because Makayla got so excited yelling her name. It was too cute. Makayla loves her cousin so much so everything Olivia did Makayla just wanted to do. If Olivia sat somewhere or some paticular way, Makayla would follow right behind and do the same thing. Here are some photos of the night. I wanted to do some videoing but I was busy making dinner and cleaning up so it was hard to enjoy the night as Marc wasn't home so I was all along with the other girls... But we had a great girls night with one boy of course, Rusty.

I made mashed potatoes and sausages for dinner. Olivia told me that I made the best mashed potatoes and even told her mum that on the phone... Very proud of myself... :P They had such a good time eating at Makayla's table and watching tv. They both enjoyed Big Brother, even though I kept trying to turn the channel over to something better.

Olivia found the rocking chair and thought it was the best. She said she was like Nanny. This is a photo of Makayla helping to rock Olivia and Lily.

Olivia is acting like her Nanny. She is snoring, "like nanny". She loves her nanny and if anyone else had done this she would tell them to stop. Too funny!!!

Here is a photo of both of the girls acting asleep. They had so much fun on the rocking chair.

Olivia just loves dogs and she always enjoys getting to play with Rusty. Rusty spent most of the night getting up and down off Olivia's lap.

I think we can see who she is being. All we needed was a cane by the chair and we have her Nanny. I remember when I was little and always dressing up like my nana. I can see Makayla and Olivia doing this several more times. Maybe I should get some wigs and glasses like I use to have when I dressed up like my nana!!!

Makayla thought Olivia's bed was great and wanted to lay in it as well. Here they are sharing the small air mattress.

I figured it would be easier for me to get Makayla's mattress down to the floor so they had more room. Makayla wasn't happy here because she wanted to have something to play as well. Even though she can't really play the Gameboy she just loves pressing the buttons acting like she is doing something.

We figured out a way to make her happy by letting her watch and have a turn every once in a while. One of her new sayings is "my turn." She loves telling me its her turn when I am in the kitchen. But she doesn't understand that her turn as to end at some point once she gets a turn. Its too cute!!!

This is another way to make her happy. On my and Marc's iPods we have the Wiggles and Hi5 songs on there and when she isn't happy this is a way to make her happy. Just turn on The Wiggles and give her the earphones and in an instant she is happy again, singing her songs.
Olivia was very tired and after she played her Gameboy for a little bit she went right to sleep. But Makayla on the other hand still wasn't done playing. When she knew I wasn't watching she would try to wake up Olivia by quietly saying her name, which comes out "Ivia." When I would go in and check on her she would lay down and try to act like she was sleeping. She eventually fell asleep when she figured out Olivia was actually asleep and no one was going to continue to play with her. She just likes to stay awake if others are awake with her and she thought the sleepover was all about partying.
Our night was great fun and I'm sure if Makayla had the choice she would do it every week. I'm sure we will have to do this again or maybe next time Makayla will have to stay at Olivia's house.
No comments:
Post a Comment